Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Starry feet make the star

Today's post dissects the joys of wearing flats. Given heels always get all the attention, I figured why not give our most comfortable footwear some lovin'? Slippers and brogues are especially all the talk this season. Curious to see what I've got covered? Take a look at my fancy feet!


slippers: Topshop
  
One cannot ignore the obvious overlap between a casual coolness suggested by comfy slippers and the boychicness of trendy brogues by looking at this Topshop edition. And that's the look I was going for when sliding my feet into these jewels. Their velvety softness and luxurious starry pattern only convinced me that it could only feel right to sport them. It's like the late MJ's famous leather dancing brogues and Dolce&Gabbana's AW 2011 leather star cutout brogues had a baby only for it to become the perfect footwear for the ultimate fashion star. 

  Michael Jackson's famous dancing shoes                                                 The MJ Lean

Star-cutout Patent-leather Brogues
brogues: Dolce&Gabbana

All jokes and anecdotes aside, I can only attest that I DO get a brilliant feeling whenever I'm wearing them! And who knows, maybe I'll get the famous Michael Jackson lean one day, if I manage to implement his secret, that is: in order to achieve his 45-degree angle lean, MJ used special shoes as well as a trick on the stage floor. When the time came for the move, a peg-like aperture would protrude from the dance floor. The shoe's heel featured a triangular cutout that could be hitched onto the peg, anchoring MJ to lean much farther forward and hence blow our minds away. Fashion star or superstar, or just a regular star reading my blog, why don't you indulge too and you'll see what I mean...

3 comments:

  1. Very cute shoes! Hopefully you can check out my blog too! It's a personal style and fashion blog by me in England :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nic post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful shoes!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete