Saturday, December 3, 2011

Olives and greys inspire softness this Fall

A fresh view on the Y-3 FW 2011 collection made me concentrate on Yamamoto's smart play on olive and grey tones. Blending elements of functionality with elegance and subtle finishing are a trademark of Yamamoto's designs. I will not reiterate how his take on fashion challenged all traditional codes, however for those who are burning to find out more about Yamamoto's technique, I have covered it when lusting over his mastery of black and blue clothing here

The use of protective shapes around grey and olive tones in this collection is particularly striking. From long jackets cocooning around the body, to ballooned pants and giant skirts under long flannels, the Y-3 label's voluminous shapes certainly allude to a slightly pioneer-maiden look. The choice of olive and grey tones in some instances however added the touch of softness necessary for the performance-based label to appeal to the team-spirited and sport savvy customer. 

Y-3 FW 2011 Ready-to-Wear, via Style.com


Inspired by these trending colors and hanging onto the last weeks of Fall, I decided to mix and match them in my own way and create a slightly dressier type of street style. I will leave it up to you to dissect my style...

jacket: H&M, shirt: Zara, jeggings: Joseph, shoes: House of Harlow 1960, bag: Lanvin

Until then, enjoy the weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. I love how you paired the olive trousers with the silver sequin top. I'm not going to lie, I'm super apprehensive about olive as it seems to go with very few colors apart from just the basics, and hence is hard to really pull together a look that stands out. I think you wear it perfectly, though!


    The Pink Monocle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a sequin jacket???? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jacket! And I also have that Zara blouse. Love how you put it all together!

    Xo

    http://melodicmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ton look est superrrr!!!!wow
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so lovely!! Down to every last detail! :DD

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete