Saturday, December 24, 2011

Add a green blazer to your wardrobe

Ah the joys of coming home to Paris...not only do I reunite with my lovely parents, but this time I came to find my dear mother's vintage Escada blazer. And as you can see, I could not resist but to dedicate my first holiday post to this great wardrobe addition. 


blazer: Escada vintage, jeggings: Joseph x 7 for All Mankind, pumps: YSL

A German brand at its core, Escada certainly brings a strictness to European tailoring with this double breasted piece, void of any form fitting finishOld school in its oversize looking style yet modern with its almost neon green color, this blazer is a timeless piece and will dress up any basic outfit. You can funk it up with jeans and some crazy high heels like I did, or you can definitely sport the businessy look, if you are looking for work-friendly clothing. I don't know if it is the excitement of being back in my city or just the Frenchie in me, but the blazer look is what I love most these days. Also, come to think of it, it's like the double-breasted blazer is the pea coat's finest baby, back in style, and ready to rock the streets. 


Want to get swept off your feel like I did with this statement piece? Thanks for beautiful fashion trends like this one and their constant reinterpretation, you will find similar pieces among Karla Spetic's SS '12 collection with her louis apple green double breasted blazer, or if you prefer a single button closure, Yigal Azrouel makes a pretty sweet version of the apple green blazer too! 


Hoping to have left you off with a sweet green taste in your mouth (or really, your visual appetite), I will let you to enjoy everything green (and red) about today and tomorrow. Merry Christmas / Christmukkah my lovelies! 





10 comments:

  1. nice blazer
    merry xmas
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely awesome blazer!

    Merry Christmas!

    Check my latest post http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/

    Wait for u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blazer :) But I also like your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty green coat! I just found your blog and I think it's really cute! Happy Holidays as well! I hope you will be able to check out my blog too, it's a personal style and fashion blog from England. I would love it if you could stop by! Thanks! :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh j'aime beaucoup, c'est plutôt rare cette couleur dans les vêtements en plus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the blazer look fantastic on you! great choice! i just found your blog, i'm following you now, can you follow mine?
    kisses
    HF

    http://www.the-hf-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your blazer is so classic and what a great colour. love it. xx J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish blazer!
    Great shoes as well!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete