Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fashion meets Art Basel

Sadly, I missed Art Basel yet again this year, but thankfully my fashionista partner in crime Jehdy successfully snapped some super sweet stuff I thought was definitely appropriate to share on the blog. Below, the sketches of some of our most notable fashion designers (among which the late Alexander McQueen and surprisingly, Galliano--perhaps his fate may not be as gloomy as we thought it would be?) lend to admiration and a hint of laughter. 


All photos courtesy of Jehdy


There are certainly a million ways to interpret these depictions. Perhaps it is the anticipation of the launch of the Valentino Garavani Vitrual Museum as well as a rejuvenated collection (among which this season's most wanted studded bags) that caused Valentino a star studded appraisal, and a bittersweet sadness towards McQueen's tragic death at the peak of his career that brought the artist to capture that emotion on canvas. On the other hand, one can deem Dolce&Gabbana as the perfect happy medium, lying in between some of our more sensitive minded figures, as their continuous focus on bombastic colors and prints truly celebrate life. 

Which one is your favorite? I'm still debating between Galliano trying one of his creations and Tom Ford in an LBD and bow-tie (there is no mention of him trying one of his womenswear designs which begs the question: omission or cue?).


1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I wish I went.


    follow me, I'm a stylist in NYC

    www.hauteinhabit.com

    ReplyDelete